Wednesday 21 February 2018

Deathtraps - Are We Having Fun


photo by Jacs Aberdare


  Those that checked out yesterday's update (and there were plenty of you due to Bamboo Vipers' frontman Shaun sharing it over 40 times!) would have noticed me mention that Ashley Colman was very impressed with the Deathtraps song I'd played on the show and had snapped up the cd for a bargain £5. I guess it's as good a time as any to feature that song today.....

  Deathtraps are a "gutter level garage rock n roll" trio from Newport, Wales, who formed from the ashes of The Sick Livers in 2016 and list amongst their influences the likes of Chuck Norris Experiment, The Damned, Zeke, Motorhead, Johnny Thunders, Hip Priests etc. The sound of their music is raw, rocking and full throttle and the line up features Veej Von Trapp (vocals/guitar), Fraser Von Trapp (bass) and Matty Von Trapp (drums).

  Last year they self released their impressive debut album, Justice For The Risca One. You can snap it up "name your price" on Bandcamp (or do as Ashley did and order the cd).

https://deathtraps.bandcamp.com/album/justice-for-the-risca-one
http://deathtrapstheband.bigcartel.com/

  They hint that there could be a new split release in the pipeline so keep an eye on their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/deathtrapsband/

  This song has a catchy as hell chorus and features a guest appearance by Adam Jones, it's called Are We Having Fun....

Someone help me find my happy pills 
I need them just to get me through the day 
I'm choking on another fantasy 
I sit and laugh and then I throw it all away 

Are we having fun yet, I don't know 
Are we having fun yet, I don't think so 

Canned laughter give me my happy queues 
So I never ever really have to care 
Tune me into your reality 
or leave sitting, shaking, laughing over there 

Are we having fun yet, I don't know 
Are we having fun yet, I don't think so 

I get addicted to, the things that you put me through 
Can I ride the rollercoaster one more time? 
The things that you say and do 
the shit that you put me through 
are we having fun yet? I don't, I don't 

Someone help me find my happy pills 
Someone help me find my happy pills 

Are we having fun yet, I don't know 
Are we having fun yet, I don't think so 

I get addicted to,ss the things that you put me through 
Can I ride the rollercoaster one more time? 
The things that you say and do 
the shit that you put me through 
are we having fun yet? 
I don't, I don't I don't think so

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment