Monday 6 November 2017

I, Ludicrous - Today's Man



  I suppose I can claim to be a long time fan of I, Ludicrous. After hearing them grace the John Peel show, I quickly rushed out to get their excellent Preposterous Tales flexi disc and also bought debut album It's Like Everything Else (both 1987....it's hard to believe it's 30 years ago!). Since then though, I have to admit to not paying much attention and have missed out on what appears to be at least half a dozen other albums plus assorted other releases. Recently I noticed they had a new album out called Songs From The Sides Of Lorries and after checking it out I have to wander why I let them disappear from my radar for so long.

  They were formed in 1985 by John Procter and Will Hung and joined in 2008 by Voice Of The Beehive bassist Martin Brett. They mine a similar seam of wry British humour that has entertained Half Man Half Biscuit fans for many a year and going from the evidence of the new album I'd say they're as good as they ever were.

  If you haven't previously come across them, or like me only remember them from their tales of mega bullshitter Ken McKenzie, I recommend you give them a listen. The new album is available from Cherry Red (who proclaim it their best album to date)....  https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/music/songs-from-the-sides-of-lorres

  This is Today's Man.....

No comments:

Post a Comment