Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Chats - Smoko

 

  On yesterday's Just Some Punk Songs show I played a great song by The Chats called Nazi March (show saved here if anyone wants it : (https://www.mixcloud.com/mick-fletcher/just-some-punk-songs-31017/) and the response of the regulars in the chatroom confirmed that it should be shared with a wider audience on here, so today I did a Youtube search for it. No joy unfortunately (not that that would usually matter as I'd probably just stick it on there myself and hope the band didn't mind!) but not to worry, there's just been an official video posted for another song from the same ep so we're gonna go with that....


  The Chats are a shed rock band (I assume they haven't got a garage) from Australia's Sunshine Coast. They play a sloppy, couldn't give a fuck sounding brand of punk that's really rather excellent. They remind me a bit of one of my favourite UK bands, Suburban Homes. It's pretty basic stuff, quite humerous and works for me.

  If you check out their Bandcamp page you'll find last year's 7 track debut S/T ep plus the new ep which came out in July and is titled Get This In Ya. You can pick up these slacker anthems name your price.....  https://thechatslovebeer.bandcamp.com/

  This is called Smoko....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment