Friday 1 September 2017

Dead Hope - Shut Your Mouth

 

  So there I was, at work, keeping the wheels of industry turning when I felt my phone vibrate. Being the conscientious worker that I am, I immediately downed tools to check it out and it was a message from Neil Hodge from The Ginger Quiff Blog excitedly telling me about a great new album by a post punk 3some from Glasgow called Dead Hope. Would you be interested in reviewing them he asked. Yeah sure replied me hoping fervantly they weren't crap! Luckily, crap they definitely aren't.

  Anyway, fast forward to me getting home and I had a listen to the album (it's called Songs From The Second Floor and you can find it here :  https://deadhope.bandcamp.com/album/songs-from-the-second-floor).

 Then after a night's sleep I get back on my pc, stick a song from the album on Youtube in order to post it below, and write my customary intro "Dead Hope are a 3 piece post punk band from Glasgow featuring..." Then I click onto their Facebook page to check out who's in the band only to see a new review of the album from Louder Than War which started with pretty much that same intro! And then I noticed it's written by Neil Hodge!!! And it's better than the review I was going to write so go read it.....

  But before you do, one last paragraph. It's an album that's definitely worth your time. As Neil comments, there's plenty of great tunes, hooks and lyrics throughout. There's probably going to be plenty of reviews cropping up too if he has anything to do with it so hopefully it'll do well for them. Anyway that's my rejigged (not really a) review over with, you guys probably only come here for the video anyway so here you go....

  This is Shut Your Mouth.....


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kinds words Mick. We actually put a copy of the CD in the post to you on Thurs night so hopefully it will have arrived by now. DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. it arrived today. many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete