Wednesday 28 June 2017

Death Cult - Flesh Prison


(photo by Johnny Camacho)


  Death Cult are from San Antonio, Texas and last year they released a demo which you can find name your price on Bandcamp...  https://deathculttx.bandcamp.com/album/demo-16 

  They play fast and heavy riff driven rock, list amongst the artists they like bands like Lumpy & The Dumpers and Husker Du and line up with Jon (vocals), David (guitar), Valerie (bass) and Josh (drums).

  They seem to have been promising new material for ages so whilst we wait, here's a track from the demo. It's titled Flesh Prison....

trapped in this flesh, sick, sad, and grotesque. didn't even want to be born, but here i am imprisoned in this world. 

grab my knife and peel the flesh, let out my screams and remove the rest, escaping from this flesh prison, escaping the thoughts that left me bedridden. this human form means nothing to me, don't even consider myself a being, a fucking pariah with the desire to feel again and rekindle the fire. 

staring down at my hands, over analyzation. thoughts racing through my head, the mental strain i'd rather be dead. 

grab my knife and peel the flesh, let out my screams and remove the rest, escaping from this flesh prison, escaping the thoughts that left me bedridden, look in the mirror and all i see, a failure according to society, my hopes and dreams are nothing to them, another unfortunate circumstance.



No comments:

Post a Comment