Saturday 10 June 2017

Against Me! - Stabitha Christie

 

  No doubt you all know Against Me! and they don't really need the publicity that this blog will bring but some of you may have missed the recent 7" that they released for Record Store Day and as it's a damn good single I'm going to feature it today.

  The Gainsville veterens have been around in one form or another since 1997 expanding from the original anarchist solo act into one of modern day punk's most popular bands and currently lining up with Laura Jane Grace (guitar/vocals), James Bowman (guitar/vocals), Atom Willard (drums) and Inge Johansson (bass).

  The Record Day release was a picture disc (4,000 copies) which featured a couple of tracks, both winners and well worthy of your attention. Originally recorded during the sessions for the Shape Shift With Me album they most definitely aren't just throw away b side material. There's the more laid back First High Of The Morning and the more up tempo song you'll find below. This is Stabitha Christie....


  And I guess I never thought that age would kill me so I always bet on thirteens I know there's no such thing as a free cigarette
And I tried to think I don't know why it stuck with me I've never been so good at predicting truths that are soon to be revealed
[chorus]: With a face for a reaper to fear, you’ll never even see her coming With a face for a reaper to fear, Stabitha Christie has her choice in victims
And I take good comfort in having assurance there's always an easy way out It’s no tragedy but your veins ain’t too pretty to spill
Please know I never judge your damage; everyone's got their thing Sometimes you just gotta go in for a kill
[chorus]
And I’ve got some room for new chips in my old teeth And I crave immediacy
With a face for a reaper to fear, you’ll never even see her coming With a face for a reaper to fear, you’ll never even see her coming With a face for a reaper to fear With a face for a reaper to fear With a face for a reaper to fear Stabitha Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment