Wednesday 5 April 2017

The Atoms - My Un-punk T-shirt

 

  The Atoms are Derby's best surf punk band. They first featured on here a couple of years ago with a song from their Surf Derby album (http://justsomepunksongs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-atoms-sandy-stole-my-lps.html), that album and their other releases can be checked out here : https://theatomsuk.bandcamp.com/

  Featuring Joe Atom (vocals/guitar), Glyn Rutherford (backing vocals/bass) and Gaz Speedking (backing vocals/drums), they formed in 2002 and combine the sounds of The Buzzcocks and Buddy Holly to create their own brand of catchy, snotty punk-pop.

  They return to Just Some Punk Songs today due to them having released a video for one of the songs from their new album. The album is called Internet Dating For Beginners and you'll find it on Monster Zero Records. The song you'll see below is a snappy, fun number called My Un-Punk T-Shirt.....

I wore a t-shirt once, it wasn't very punk, a punk told me so,
It was a good cut and it covered my gut, it had a nice picture on the front,
but I wore a t-shirt once, it wasn't very punk, a punk told me so.

I don't have green hair or spikey studs, or a rebel wardrobe that my mummy funds,
I wore a t-shirt once, it wasn't very punk, a punk told me so,
I sed 'that's not nice!' he sed 'that's not punk!' a punk told me so, 
I sed 'I don't give a shit' he sed 'that's pretty punk' and he left me alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment