Thursday 23 February 2017

D.L.I.M.C. - Wicker Park




  I'm not even going to pretend to know much about D.L.I.M.C. other than it's the brainchild of Mark Winter, one of the most original and inventive musicians out there. From Indiana, he's also involved with a plethora of other bands such as Coneheads, Liquids, G.S.B. (I'll feature them on here soon), C.C.T.V. etc....

  As D.L.I.M.C. (it stands for d.leopardo industrial music co.) he's released a bunch of catchy as hell diy cassettes (February Cassingle, July Cassingle etc) that you can find on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5moaPjC8XUcKmd9bbNqqYDvRYAY3dxQR ). The song you'll find below is the one that seems to be most people's pick of the bunch, it's from the November Cassingle and it's called Wicker Park....


Living in the suburbs is such a drag My parents give me money to fill plastic bags Someday I’ll live large and get a brand new car Drive to Chicago where my life will start Oh I’m so cliche The city and my suburb are the fucking same I'll move to Logan Square, shop at Wicker Park American Apparel and latte art Staying inside after it gets dark I love the city just not the poor parts My alternative lifestyle is a fucking farce Mommy thinks I’m crazy cause i dyed all my hair Pour packages of food items on the clothes that i wear Some less fortunates tried to steal my backpack The six corners is the only place where i don’t get laughed at So you work for a company that tells other people About a service that a copy company offers through a website? Oh you go to a club in Boystown where they play retro new wave music? What’s that like? Who fucking cares about the brand of circular sunglasses that you wear Your slick beard or your fixed gear bike Or whatever shit that encompasses your life I happen to think that your boring and trite So you say there the same, does that make me half right? I’m still better off than you, you delusional ass wipe People like you just make me sick Your city is the suburbs, your poor is for the rich When you abandon your apartment and move back with your mom I hope it all burns so your neighborhood is gone!



1 comment: