Monday 11 July 2016

Spokenest - Whisper



  Spokenest are from Los Angeles and feature two thirds of God Equals Genocide, those two thirds being husband and wife Daryl Gussin (guitar/vocals) and Adrian Tenney (drums/vocals). They play an off kilter brand of punk with jagged guitar and duelling male/female vocals and have been compared with such luminaries as Wire, The Minutemen and Superchunk.

  In 2013 they self released their debut album, We Move and they followed it up earlier this year with Gone Gone Gone. The new album is getting some great reviews ("Angry, visceral and urgent. Essential") and it's available through Sorry State Records (US) and Drunken Sailor (Europe) as well as streaming on Bandcamp..... https://spokenest.bandcamp.com/album/gone-gone-gone

  This is called Whisper......

Whose idea could this have been To make us feel so voiceless Is it so unlikely to be heard Is it so unlikely to be heard? I’m listening, when you’re talking I’m listening, when you’re whispering I’m listening, when you’re screaming I’m listening, when you’re shouting I’m listening, when you’re talking I’m listening, when you’re whispering

No comments:

Post a Comment