Monday 8 February 2016

MFB - World War III


  I feel I should know what MFB stands for, or at least make more than a cursory effort to find out. Thing is though, it's 3.23 am as I write this and I've given up trying to sleep as I'm burning up with a fever and a hacking cough. If it does stand for something then feel free to add it to the comments section.

  What I do know about them (ie, what I can find out without trying too hard) is that they're a street punk/skate punk influenced thrashcore outfit from Hayward, California. They've been together since 2013 and have already released a heap of stuff that you can check out on bandcamp..... http://mfbforthewin.bandcamp.com/

  The song posted below was one of the first that they wrote, it was on their debut ep, Offend Pop Punk and also on the Get Fucked! album. Playing on this track (I think) are Julian Treviso (vocals/guitar), Mitchell Tom (drums), Santiago Mariscal (bass/vocals) and Haeden Richart (guitar/vocals) though nowadays the line up appears to have slimmed down to just Julian, Mitchell and new bassist "Shoeless" Shane. Apparently, new music is in the pipeline.

  Even though I'm feeling lousy, this still sounds great. It's called World War 111....

I pledge allegiance to the flag 
Thats what they say and what they brag 
“America, all above, number one we’ll overcome” 
Theres not anything that we cant do 
Dont fuck with us or well get you 
Syria well bomb your ass, just because we fucking can 

We’re going into World War III 
This is the end of you and me 
Nuclear holocaust will be the end 
And I cant wait till were all dead 

Been going on for far too long 
Why cant we see that this is wrong 
Killing people everyday 
Doing it the american way 
Always in a fucking war 
Lets kill them all and settle the score 

We’re going into World War III 
This is the end of you and me 
Nuclear holocaust will be the end 
And I cant wait till were all dead 

I pledge allegiance to the flag 
Thats what they say and what they brag 
“America, all above, number one we’ll overcome” 
Theres not anything that we cant do 
Dont fuck with us or well get you 
Syria well bomb your ass, just because we fucking can

No comments:

Post a Comment