Saturday 12 September 2015

Duncan's Divas - Sway



  Duncan Redmonds has featured in some great bands. The main one being the legendary Snuff but he's been a member of The Toy Dolls, Guns 'N' Wankers, Billy No Mates, Dogpiss, 5 Shitty Fingers and Urin-8. He's also released various solo work and collaborations including the song I've posted below.

  Duncan's Divas was a project in which he got together with numerous artists and released 3 albums of covers of songs by female singers. Half Western and half Japanese songs, the first release was 2007's Sticks Up Girls whilst the follow up was 2009's Up And At 'Em. Also released (2013) was an album called Snog which was a split featuring Duncan's Divas and Duncan's Geezers.

  The songs covered have included tracks by the likes of Katy Melua, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Nancy Sinatra, Vera Lynne, The Supremes and many more.
I've chosen this rather stylish cover of a song that was featured on the 1959 album A Touch Of Tabasco which was by American jazz singer Rosemary Clooney and Cuban band leader Perez Prado. The original version was a 1953 mambo instrumental called Quien Sera? It was also a big hit in 1954 for Dean Martin.

  This is Sway.......

When marimba rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like the lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance, you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear but my eyes will see only you
Only you have that magic technique
When we sway I grow weak

I can hear the sound of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now

Quien sera el que me quiere a mi
Quien sera, quien sera
Quien sera el que me de su amor
Quien sera, quien sera

I can hear the sound of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now

Sway me smooth, sway me now




No comments:

Post a Comment