Wednesday 11 March 2015

Spazzys - Paco Doesn't Love Me



"Second verse.....different from the first"

  I enjoyed yesterday's update so much that today I'm posting another of my  favourite pop punk songs. This time it's by Melbourne's top all girl trio Spazzys; imagine if your favourite 60's girl group had somehow been brought up on a diet of sun, sea and The Ramones, they might have ended up sounding something like this.

  Formed in 2000 and comprising of twins Kat (vocals, guitar) and Lucy (bass) as well as Ally (drums), they've shared a stage with the likes of Blondie, Marky Ramone, The Hives, The Dwarves, Buzzcocks and most memorably, Marilyn Manson, whose fans didn't appreciate their catchy pop punk.

  Their debut album was 2004's Aloha! Go Bananas, a treasure trove of infectious, bubblegum tunes but their follow up, Dumb Is Forever, was delayed by legal issues and didn't see the light of day till 2011. Fortunately it proved that time hadn't affected their ability to produce great music.

  The song I've chosen is one of their early singles, released in 2004 on FUR Records, this is the Ramones influenced Paco Doesn't Love Me......


Paco doesn't love me! 

Hey there Paco you Italian fiend
Why aren't you in love with me?
I've got a killer crush on you and it's something that I just can't endure
I know that Paco's kinda retarded 
He's left me here all broken hearted
I want him to be my main man
He wants another girl to hold his hand.

So hey Paco baby don't you know you break my heart
So sugar do the right thing just come on be my retard
Your looking kinds cool I write your name on all my desks at school.
I wanna see your band I wanna make you understand
That I wanna hold your hand
But there's nothing I can do to convince you
‘Cause Paco doesn't love me.

Second verse,different from the first

And you know I'm not the only one who's heart pounds when Paco plays his drums
Cause he hits the skins as fast as Marky
I wish he'd hit my skin that quickly.

Hey there Paco you Italian fiend
Why aren't you in love with me?
I've got a killer crush on you and it's something that I just can't endure 

No comments:

Post a Comment