Friday 13 March 2015

Damn Broads - I'm a Fake








  Many more visitors than normal clicked on yesterday's Leftover Crack/Blag Dahlia update, hopefully some of you will hang around and check out some songs you may not be familiar with but which hopefully you'll enjoy. Like today's hard hitting number......


  Every so often, Lost Riots frontman, Jeffrey Thunders, will send me a link to a local band telling me how great they are. Grateful as I am, some of them fall victim to the "taste is subjective" rule and I have to admit that I like but I don't like enough to persue further. Other times though he sends a winner. Case in point.....

  Damn Broads are not a girl band. The fact that they nowadays comprise of 3 girls is by the by. They're a hard rocking punk/street/hardcore threesome from Connecticut who count amongst their number Michelle Threat (bass/vox), Crazines (guitar/vox) and Taytoxic (drums/vox). They got together in May 2010 after meeting through an ad posted on Craigslist and share a love of alcohol, Minor Threat, Black Flag and The Pist.

  Release wise, 2012 saw them unleash their debut lp, Loud, Fast and In The Dark and now they're back with the follow up which is entitled Guilty As Charged. There's also been a couple of demos and a split with The Minor Cuts. You can investigate further here : http://damnbroads.bandcamp.com/

  And so to a song, this is called I'm A Fake........

1 comment: