Wednesday 17 September 2014

The Sneakers - I Fall In Love With A Punk Rock Girl






























A week or so ago I mentioned about trying to add more punk songs from different countries and asked if anyone knew of any decent bands that I might like.  My mate, Mark Simpson, who's been a keen punk music fan since we were both at school together in the late '70's couldn't be bothered offering up any suggestions (as he states on his facebook status update today "apathy....it's got a hold on me" so i can understand him not being overly forthcoming) but luckily I noticed that he's a fan of The Sneakers (who I'll admit to having never of before) and so today I'm going to jump onto his bandwagon and add them to these pages. From Kuta, Bali, they're the first Indonesian band I've added. Possibly unsurprisingly, they play a "surfy" kind of pop punk music and are influenced by the likes of The Queers, Screeching Weasel, The Ventures, Dick Dale and Link Wray. Featuring Eko on guitar and vocals, Didit on bass and vocals and Jemmy on drums, they earlier this year released a single called I Fall In Love With A Punk Rock Girl. There's also an album called Freaks From The Other Side Of The World (you can get it here : http://www.ramonetothebone.info/2014/06/the-sneakers-freaks-from-other-side-of.html ). Here's the single.........

No comments:

Post a Comment