Wednesday 21 May 2014

Black Market Baby - Drunk & Disorderly



 “Black Market Baby was adored. I loved them. We all loved them." Ian MacKaye (Minor Threat, Fugazi)

The best thing about compiling this blog is that it means I have to track down songs that i've not heard before, I've come across some great ones that have previously gone under my radar. It's always great when people recommend songs to me (it can be a nightmare too because if I don't like them i need to nicely ignore their recommendation!), fortunately the song suggested today by Christopher Brown is definitely worthy of inclusion. Black Market Baby formed in Washington DC in 1980, comprised of Boyd Farrell (ex The Snitch), Paul Cleary (Snitch and Trenchmouth), Keith Campbell (D.Ceats) and Tommy Carr (Penetrators) they were influenced by the likes of Sham 69 and also added a bit of hardcore into the mix without sacrificing the catchiness of punk. This song, Drunk And Disorderly was released as a single in 1990, 4 years after it was recorded and 2 years after they split up (though they did reunite during the mid 90's for a while)......

No comments:

Post a Comment